Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Weathered

Winter wails on the mane
of the trees, coiled for comfort.
I forget to breathe as well.
Inhale and exhale is more an exercise
that puffs pride into my lungs.

I dive under the weight of the wool

scraped from sheep, myself
not bearing the agony of
being stripped.



One such winter

I made five year plans
which shaped
the melting of windows
on a cold morning.

I saw festivals where

coconut grated with sweat
curdled curries.

I saw a husband who didn't see

my belly bulging,
his germs giving me
sickness.

I saw a girl who ran away

and now lives in a city
that doesn't know her name.



Published in Cadaverine magazine here.

1 comment:

Geetika Kohli said...

Poignant.

...I saw a husband who didn't see...
Struck me at the right place.

Featured Post

Status of women in the Syrian Christian society

Introduction This article aims at showing the practices and procedures existing in the events of birth, marriage and death amidst t...